We understand the day-to-day business of cooperation organisations. That feeling that, when there’s an intervention on the ground or you want to improve internal workflows, there should be an ICT solution that does the work more efficiently, but there’s never enough time or capabilities to define needs and implement the right technologies.
Our team has more than 30 years of combined experience in the field of development cooperation, both as volunteers and as employees of development NGOs, universities and companies. We have trainee staff who are specifically trained and dedicated to our cooperation projects and have experience in the office and on the ground.
Our business model and previous experience means we know the work pace, hesitancies and needs of non-profits. In our projects we employ participatory methodologies, always from the perspective of Technology for Human Development, open-source software and empowerment. This makes us the right tech company to participate in a cooperation project, either as partners or tech consultants. Furthermore, we are registered as cooperation agents in the official registers of the Xunta de Galicia (Regional Government of Galicia) and the AECID (Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation).
We can help you in the following areas:
- Technology consulting, to identify and analyse problems and offer solutions according to the context and logic of the intervention.
- Technical assistance with the implementation of Geographic Information Technology (GIT), cartography and civil engineering (water, floods, risks).
- Gathering and production of information, collecting it on the ground, designing methodologies or digitalising existing information and generating databases.
- App integration and customised developments, helping you choose the most appropriate technology; adapted to the context and with support available after implementation. We always use free software, thus promoting digital sovereignty and the transfer of technology.
- Creation of viewers, websites and special data infrastructures that improve transparency for the population, by publishing information and getting it to them in the best way possible.
We have participated as leaders or partners in the formulation of projects financed by tenders, and in competitive calls by entities such as the AECID, UNDP and the Xunta de Galicia. We have contributed our technological expertise to the projects of NGOs and public entities, working with them also on the ground, helping to empower local partners and beneficiaries. We have led institutional strengthening projects, helping administrations in impoverished countries to empower themselves with their resources and to improve management of the same in order to better serve their citizens.